Saturday, August 8, 2009

OMG !!!! Some spare time to myself!!!

Hiya girls!

For the first time in MONTHS i have a few hours to myself with nothing to do but catch up on the internet! I am down at the outlaws along the great ocean rd whilst they are away overseas,showing our Germans the beautiful coastline.Today my hubby has taken all the kids to Erskine and Triplet falls but i couldnt go as my asthma is really bad at the moment and i cant walk far or do anything but sit and breathe!Usually i am ok,but having had the flu and bronchitis all week,my asthma is rotten and i am on so many steroids and nebulisers its not funny!
So i get to stay here for a few hours by myself,no housework, washing or cleaning to catch up on,no driving to numerous sports,no millions of jobs to do in my own house and i cant get the dvd player to work here so only V8 supercars or football on telly!YUK!So i can play on the puter!!!!Wow,what a foreign concept these days,time to kill!
yesterday was a gorgeous day,we drove all along the Great Ocean rd to Port Campbell and saw the 12 apostles,Loch Ard gorge,and hows this several lots of whales!!!! So close to shore,its very unusual to see them this part of the world,they are normally a lot further on in Warrnambool.So very exciting for our exchange students!!!The wind was blowing a gale as well,so the water was very impressive!
Must say i am loving having these kids here,they are the nicest sweetest teenagers you would find!very very well behaved,they help with the dishes and cooking and love a chat! They are loving their stay here,so much to see and do and especially the social side of things,both have done rather well in the lovelife stakes!
So what else is news here? I have scored my cousins water frontage harbour view mansion for christmas in Sydney!!!! He is going away with his partner so i have scored doggy sitting duties,oh what a chore!!!Not! 10 glorious days of housesitting over christmas new year a beautiful house that i couldnt afford in my dreams as a holiday rental!Yee haa,looking forward to that so much and my hubby is coming as it is his first News years eve off work in 9 years!And only one kid as Ryan will be in Denmark with family for 5 months!
Been busy at home,slowly changing around everything from pinks to reds and aquas,i am loving the deeper French colours!made my new curtains so building up slowly from there! Would love to get rid of my beautiful white denim slipcovered loungesuite,as much as i love it,white does not go well with 4 grotty kids who dont unbderstand that feet do not go on the cushions,as well as 3 siamese cats who roll in the mud and walk all over the top with filthy feet,and one naughty west highland terrier who also does the same.My house would be so lovely with no kids or pets,but then its not a home,is it?Oh well,i have to put up with it for a bit longer!! Would love a dark brown leather one that just wipes clean.........
Now,onto other topics,does anyone have a husband that just doesnt "get it"?
My hubby thinks i have turned into a jesus freak as i love white chalkware religious statues.I have about 8 statues of Mary and Madonna and child and jesus! Only because i love the aged look and chalkiness and chipiness of them,not because i have found the lord!(no offense to anyone who has!!!) I have them on my mantelpiece and he thinks all our visitors will think i am a nut.They are decoration only!!!
Same with my wall sconces that i have on lots of walls that arent wired in,he doesnt understand why i have them if they dont work,just for decoration! And my old holey faded American flags i have hanging up,we arent American he tells me,why not an Australian flag? He just has no clue........ i have them because i like them.Pure and simple. I wouldnt care what flag it was if i liked the colours and they fitted in with my scheme!

men just dont "get" decorating.

Anyway now i am off to read everyone elses blogs,something i havnt had a chance to do in ages!
have a great weekend girls!!!!

lesley : )

5 comments:

  1. Hey Lesley,
    Great post. I hope you enjoy your time alone...I certainly do when ever I get the chance.
    Those exchange students sound lovely. Gosh I should send my kids to meet them & see if the cleaning gene wears off on them. LOL!
    I agree with the 'hubby not getting it' thing. I also love having things on display & Adam wants to alway know why have it if you can't use it. Good on you for sticking to what you love though!
    The brown leather lounge sounds lovely. I have found a few that I like but with big price tags attached, I think it will be on the wish list for a while to come.
    ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lesley, How lovely to see whales! I love your comment about loving a house with no children or animals but then it's not a home. I have quite a few Mary statues everywhere but David doesn't mind. I think he's given up on me. He's used to me turning the house into what looks like a pink toy shop! Glad to hear the visitors are nice and hope you are feeling better soon. xx
    ps See that Johnny Depp film. I think you would like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Lesley,
    Enjoy your ME time!! Us busy mum's dont get much of it!! take it while u can girl!!
    have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lesley nothing like having some me time. Don't worry 'men' just don't get it!!
    Hope you are soon feeling better
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lesley...I love down the great ocean road way...how beautiful is it?

    take care with the asthma...sounds like you deserved this TIME OUT...

    glad the latest boarders are "BETTER" than the last!!

    I must admit I dont have any religious statues in my house...AS I do think my husband would definately think I had gone bananas..!!

    the house in sydney sounds awesome..and with NEW YEARS EVE?? the fireworks on the harbour...WOW!!!!!!

    xx andrea

    ReplyDelete