Friday, August 21, 2009

I want some queensland weather!!!!






























Hiya girls!!

Honestly,where does the time go? 2 weeks since my last post and i havnt had a minute spare!We had some nasty weather last weekend and were without power for 2 whole bloody days due to some massive trees falling on power lines and blocking off the roads!Not much fun when it is only 6 degrees,freezing cold with no heating,no lights and worst off all,NO tv!!! So i had to miss Australian idol and i had been looking forward to it all week!My poor German students had a real glimpse of Australian life living up a mountain!Happens all the time,power loss every time we have a wicked storm! I suppose its better than the bushfires in summer.
Must say i am very very jealous of what i am hearing every morning of the qld forecasts,30 degrees!!!! How is that possible? It is about 7 degrees here in the morning when i take the kids to school and my central heating hasnt been switched off since March!As well as the open fire! I want some warm weather!!!
Have done a bit of sewing this week,made some nice ruffled cushions and have a lot more ideas waiting to go! Just dont find the time to sit down in front of the machine,i am missing my old friend!
I am having so much fun with my German kids,they really are great kids.Went into town last Friday night and walked along the river and had a gourmet meal of Mc Donalds.Yuk,but the kids were happy!Show them all these lovely restaurants along southbank and what do they choose?Crap,thats what!!!
had a nice day out in Brunswick st with my friend Kaz on Tuesday,lots of lovely little arty farty shops and a great lunch!I love people watching down there,so many nutters,hippies and weirdos!My sort of people!
Anyway,i suppose i had better go and get some dinner ready,ahead of yet again another busy weekend!Booked a few trips next year,a week in Thailand in Feb and a trip to Sydney in May,so that will keep me sane looking forward to those!
Heres a couple of pics of this weeks auctions and a few others i thought were cute!!!Do you like my cat Timmy who buried himself in my dressing gown on my computer chair?He made a nest,he loves to hide in things!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Lesley : )

6 comments:

  1. Daisy looks so happy with her German visitors Lesley! I would prefer the cold to thirty degrees in QLD! Are you mad? And being without TV is good for you! Think of all the crime novels you can read! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have been busy with the German kiddos. I think the Brisbane weather is probably too hot for 'us Victorians'.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids would go insane with no TV for two days, not to mention the husband! It sounds as if you are way too busy... Love the new cushions though, they're lovely!
    Best wishes,
    Jenelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you have such pretty things for sale!!! I read your profile and was thinking "my god, how does this woman fit all of this into her life!!!" Rachaelxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new cushions and lamps are just so drool worthy Lesley. Just beuautiful. And I'm so pleased your present visitors are nothing like the last one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh Lesley do you ever sleep? Where on earth do you find the time to do all this beautiful work? Everything pictured is just lovely.
    Glad to hear that you are still enjoying your visitors.
    Glad to hear there is another people watching nut...I am fascinated by people...the things that make you go hmmmmmm hey!

    ReplyDelete